About Me

Austin, Texas, United States
I'm Caitlin, I'm 20, I attend UT as a neurobiology major and I'm a libertarian even though, according to the political ideology quiz I'm an enterpriser. I do support gay marriage and I'm not a supporter of the war in the Middle East. Other than that, enterpriser seemed to agree with me. Some of my political influences are Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Debra Medina and Bob Barr. I voted in the 2008 presidential election for Bob Barr and plan on voted for Debra Medina in the 2010 Texas Gubernatorial primaries. I'm taking this class because it's required for all Texas graduates. I hope to hear other's opinions that are logical and well thought out. I love discussing politics, with any ideology, as long as it doesn't turn into a shouting match or accusation central. I got 86% on the civics quiz and got 6/12 on the current events quiz.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Barack Obama Proposes New Death Tax

I think this is a really interesting article because it really shows how far the President is willing to go when it comes to tax increases. Every dime you've earned in your lifetime is taxed and now, Obama wants to tax it all again when you die, decreasing the inheritance you pass down to your family. This tax is not only on your savings, but also any businesses or properties you owned. During the Bush administration, the tax was repealed and now Obama is trying to bring it back. Where is the justification in taxing money that has already been taxed at LEAST once?

No comments:

Post a Comment